No Limits Text Series
The No Limits Text Series is a free, motivating series of text messages for Black middle & high school boys that highlights authenticity, dream building, career exploration, mental health, financial literacy, and more.
We’ve made taking part in this program incredibly easy and accessible. Participants get one text message every morning for 17 days. Each message has a short note of motivation and encouragement with a link to a video or article if participants want to dig deeper into that day’s theme. After participants have received their last message, they’ll be asked to fill out a very short feedback survey. As long as they finish the series and fill out the survey, we’ll ship a Brother Box care package directly to their home to celebrate their completion.
2-WEEK SERIES OF MESSAGES
The messages participants receive are meant to inspire, motivate, and educate. Themes will touch on throughout the series include vision-building, what it means to be a man, self-expression, authenticity, mental health, financial literacy, consensual relationships, and career exploration.
BROTHER BOX CARE PACKAGE
As long as participants complete the series and fill out the feedback survey, we’ll ship a Brother Box directly to their door step. Each Brother Box care package is filled with a book, tie, socks, personal hygiene products, snacks, and words of encouragement to remind them that they are seen and supported.
Enrollment is Open
The “No Limits” Text Series operates on a rolling admission basis. Once interested parents or guardians have filled out the enrollment form, their child will automatically be enrolled in the program and will receive his first message of the series within 48 hours.
Our Unique Approach
HOLISTIC & HUMAN-CENTERED
Our focus goes beyond helping check traditional boxes of “success.” We honor the full spectrum of Black boys’ humanity and create a brave space for them to explore their unique gifts, feelings, and values.
BROTHER BOX CARE PACKAGES
Our care packages serve as a tangible reminder to our boys that they are valued and we have their back.
LIGHT TOUCH, SUPPLEMENTAL CURRICULUMS
We know how busy life can be, and we know we’re not the only ones working towards our vision. So, we keep our programs simple, easy, and supplemental.
AFFORDABLE FOR ALL
Our “Pay What You Can Promise” ensures that everyone has access to our programs, regardless of the ability to pay some, all, or none of the fees.
PARENTS: DOWNLOAD A CONTENT PREVIEW
All of our relationships are built on trust. We want parents and guardians to be aware of the messages their child will receive throughout the series, so we’ve provided all of the content in downloadable form so that you have visibility into our content and can also continue the conversation on a daily basis at home.
As a part of the program, we never hold individualized one-on-one conversations with any of the participants, and we never share or sell any person’s data with other outside groups.Download Content Preview
Program Eligibility and Enrollment
- Our “No Limits” Text Series is designed for middle and high school students who identify as Black males.
- “No Limits” content is delivered via SMS text messages directly to your child’s phone. Students will need to have a cell phone to receive the messages. Your standard messaging rates apply.
- Parents are required to complete their child’s enrollment form.
- Participants must complete the series in full, receiving all 17 messages through 17 days to receive their Brother Box Care Package reward. If participants unsubscribe from the text messages they will not be eligible to receive a Brother Box Care Package. We’ve designed this program to be a light-touch, supplemental way to support and inspire students.
- The “No Limits” Text Series operates on a rolling admission basis. Once interested parents/guardians have filled out the enrollment form, their child will automatically be enrolled in the program and will receive his first message of the series within 48 hours.
- Upon completion of the “No Limits” Text Series and submission of the feedback survey, participants will be shipped a Brother Box Care Package to the address provided in their enrollment form. Parents will receive shipping details once the box has been shipped.
Free for Participants
- We offer this program free to participants. Brother Box is a nonprofit organization that depends on donations to fund our programs. While we value this program at $35, our generous donors help ensure that everyone has access. In the enrollment form we do offer an opportunity to give a donation to pay it forward and help us provide this opportunity for more kids. At the end of the day, we all want the best for our kids. Money should never stand in the way of supporting them and lifting up their dreams.